Date: September 24, 2019
Time: 7:00 PM
Location: Lents Activity Center, 8815 SE Woodstock Blvd.
To be eligible to run, you have to:
-Live in Lents
-Be at least 18 years old
-Be an LNA member (if you fulfill the above two conditions and you sign in on the night of the election, you can become a member)
Board meetings: monthly, every 2nd Thursday of the month, 6:30-8:00 pm
General membership meetings: monthly, every 4th Tuesday, of the month, 7:00-8:30 pm
E-mail correspondence & setup/take down for meetings: 1-2 hours per month minimum
Committee meetings, if you choose to join or create one (once a month or less)
Events, if you choose to help organize or create one
Board member training: TBD, via the district coalition office (East Portland Community Office)
How to run for a position on the board:
- E-mail [email protected] with your intention to run by 5:00 pm on Friday, September 20, 2019, if you wish to be on the ballot. If you don’t request to be added to the ballot by the cut off date and still want to run for a position, you may also show up on the day of the election as a write-in.
- Prepare a speech no longer than 3 minutes for election night, covering:
- Your skills and experience that would prepare you for the positions for which you are running
- Why you are the best candidate for that position
- Anything else you might like to say
3. Optional: Let the community know that you are running ahead of time and invite them to show up and vote for you on election night. You may consider sharing your candidacy via social media (Facebook pages and groups, Twitter, NextDoor, etc..), e-mail, flyers on announcement boards (where permitted), in person, and more. If you’d like help with outreach, please let us know.
Questions? E-mail [email protected]