June 16, 9 AM – 1 PM
Suggested donation: $10
The Neighborhood “Dumpster” Clean Up is a partnership between the Lents Neighborhood Association and the Lents Neighborhood Livability Association, and it will take place on June 16, 2018 from 9 AM to 1 PM, at 5050 SE 82nd Avenue, in the parking lot of the Adult & Teen Challenge Thrift Store.
Two, 30-yard dumpsters will be available for community members to dispose of bulky items or yard waste that won’t fit into regular garbage cans.
Unacceptable Items include the following:
• E-waste (TV’s, computers and computer monitors)
• Hazardous materials (i.e., paint, pesticides, chemicals, asbestos…)
• Toxic substances (fertilizers, creosote, pool supplies…)
• Pollutants and contaminants
• Infections waste, medical waste or radioactive waste as defined by applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations.
• All demotion and remodel debris must be accompanied with asbestos clearance paperwork from a certified asbestos abatement company. This is required for all structures from all years of construction.
Please sort carefully through the items you’ll be dumping to make sure there aren’t any small recyclables that might be better taken elsewhere so that we keep them out of the landfill. Here are Portland’s curbside recycling guidelines.
We are in need of more volunteers for this event. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to help out.